From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2016 freez and giving not responding

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear 

I have labview project for PLC i/os monitoring. This project is working fine in one computer but when I run this project in other computer it freez when I double click VI and showing on title bar not responding but after appropriate 10 mints project opens.  Then when I run project it again takes approximately 15 mints to run. 

Please suggest solutions 

Thanks

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,831 Views)

10 "mints" or 15 "mints"?  Smiley Very Happy

It is kind of difficult to help you with your problem in that all we know is that you have a VI and it communicates with a PLC.  Call up a mechanic and tell them you have a car and it won't run and see if they can give you solutions over the phone.

Message 2 of 11
(4,778 Views)

You seem to be talking about LabVIEW code.  You have two different computers -- are they identical?  Same make, model, speed?  Exactly the same operating system?  Exactly the same version of LabVIEW?  Are they clones of each other?  Exactly the same hardware/software?

The situation you describe sounds less like a LabVIEW issue and more like a PC/OS issue.  Of course, without any relevant information except the symptoms you describe, it is anybody's guess.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 11
(4,771 Views)

Thanks to replay

i have same computer each hardware software same. but in one computer it freezing when i double click on vi file to run.

any help please.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,615 Views)

Are you running the same version of LabVIEW on each of your machines? 

Angie Cisneros

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,600 Views)

What is this VI supposed to do?  Seems like very time you ask for help, we have to wring the details out of you like water out of a damp sponge.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,591 Views)

I do understand that it's almost impossible to know all the relevant details, but if you can give as detailed a description of the problem to begin with, we can spend more time solving and less time asking.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,589 Views)

i made first time project in labview to monitor S7 400 PLC I/Os. all i used DSC module for shared variables and some customize control as indicators. when i compile it taking long time and also when running project. i am surprised why it is running fine in same other computer. because i have to run same project on 6 PCs. it successfully running in one PC but when i install lab view and run project in other PC this problem occurred.

it is large project. i thing more than 600 shared variable i am using in this project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,579 Views)

Asif138 wrote:

it is large project. i thing more than 600 shared variable i am using in this project.

Are these single process or network shared variables? Where is the variable engine running?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

Hi 

i got the solution. this problem was due to "Read Alarm & Event" block. when remove this its working fine. 

Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,530 Views)