From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2012 and DDE

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for the DDE library @ labview\vi.lib\platform\dde.llb with no success.  It appears that I do not have that library.  Is there any way I can get dde.llb elsewhere?

Thank you in advance,

-Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,727 Views)

Hi Jason, 

First try to repair your LabVIEW software by going to add/remove devices in the control panel. If you right click on the "national instruments software" and choose "uninstall/change",  you can choose repair option. This process will look for whatever is missing in your LabVIEW and add it. Good luck

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,688 Views)

@ Edna, I tried repairing but still did not get the dde.llb.  Is it possible that my trial version does not come with it?

In any case, before I can purchase full Labview I need to know if my current VI works.  It requires the dde.llb, can someone provide that to me?

Thanks in advance,

-Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,657 Views)

I have LabVIEW 2009, and dde.llb is there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,653 Views)

Could you attach that library for me so that I can put it in my directory? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,647 Views)

Jason what LabVIEW version are you using? We first need to make sure that version includes dde library. Thank you!

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,613 Views)

I am using Labview 2012 (64-bit) version on Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jasonhk1020

Hi Jason,

I beleive that you can get the library by uninstalling/reinstalling your LabVIEW from either the DVD you got or by downloading it again from our website(link included). Unfortunatly, I can't just post it here for you.

http://www.ni.com/labview/products/

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 8 of 16
(5,572 Views)

Hi Edna,

I figured that the dde library wasnt present in the 64 bit version.  I installed the 32 bit version and the dde library came with that.

Thanks for your help.

-Jason

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,561 Views)

Awesome Jason. Glad that worked out for you!

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,540 Views)