LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView

My point was that that functionality is provided at source in CVI as just
one of the series of Windows events that can be processed. Why would you
develop on a system different to the final target?

"Jean-Pierre Drolet" wrote in message
news:3bceed48@newsgroups....
> When you want to change cursor or use the right click, you have to make a
> WinAPI call, whether you use LabVIEW or LabWindows. LabVIEW Users simply
ask
> how to make these calls and often other users have conveniently wrapped
> these system call in G toolkits.
>
> LabVIEW is mostly platform independant. VIs developped on Windows can be
> opened and run on Macs, Solaris and Linux machine. Such system calls break
> this platform dependance and are usually avoided. A
fter all, Macs do not
> have a right mouse button...
>
> Jean-Pierre Drolet
>
>
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(1,350 Views)
I remembered that somebody did a similar comparison between Visual Basic and Visual C++ (posting in a VB newsgroup). Thus, it's not fair to compare FLEXIBLE vs. FAST and tell us which one is more flexible.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(1,350 Views)
Not quite with you there. I was trying to say that the speed of Labview is
more illusory than real.

And theres no point posting to the converted 🙂

"Lab Viewer" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000ED470000-1002247793000@exchange.ni.com...
> I remembered that somebody did a similar comparison between Visual
> Basic and Visual C++ (posting in a VB newsgroup). Thus, it's not fair
> to compare FLEXIBLE vs. FAST and tell us which one is more flexible.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(1,350 Views)
|Not quite with you there. I was trying to say that the speed of Labview is more illusory than real.

- But you say that after several days with LV and several years with LWCVI ... I will be happy to hear your opinion after 1 year.

And theres no point posting to the converted 🙂

🙂 well, we'll be glad to have some CIN problems resolved easier ...

good luck
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(1,350 Views)
It is not my intention to get into this discussion. I just want to mention that LabVIEW is my favorite programming environment, and that I don't see the following happening in LabVIEW:

Evolution

It may be just a joke, but there is a truth in it.

Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(1,143 Views)
I get the point, but you can't see ANYTHING happening in Labview!

ps. The management part is, of course, totally accurate.


"Enrique" wrote in message
news:5065000000050000000D480000-1002247793000@exchange.ni.com...
> It is not my intention to get into this discussion. I just want to
> mention that LabVIEW is my favorite programming environment, and that
> I don't see the following happening in LabVIEW:
>
>
> href="http://www.stokely.com/lighter.side/evol.pgm.html">Evolution

>
> It may be just a joke, but there is a truth in it.
>
> Enrique
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(1,143 Views)
To see things happening in LabVIEW, just turn on the lightbulb! (Highlight Execution)
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(1,199 Views)
Enrique, your 'Evolution' link is totally hilarious! Makes you wonder, if you're going to do software work, why do Labview, when you could enjoy all that typing and syntax fun?
I'll take Labview any day too!
Doug
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(1,143 Views)
One drawback with Labview is that you can print out n thousand lines of
source code and it looks impressive (albeit being totally useless). Print
out labview "code" and it looks not too dissimilar to what my toddler
produces with multicoloured wax crayons 🙂

Doug (CapeFl) wrote in message
news:50650000000500000022480000-1002247793000@exchange.ni.com...
> Enrique, your 'Evolution' link is totally hilarious! Makes you
> wonder, if you're going to do software work, why do Labview, when you
> could enjoy all that typing and syntax fun?
> I'll take Labview any day too!
> Doug
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(1,143 Views)
In order to avoid complains regarding 'The Evolution' let's append this picture to it 🙂
Thus, the LabVIEW proGrammer will be in … and I think that even the Chief Executive will understand 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34
(1,143 Views)