LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView code for Allan Variance?

Hy folks,

here is an update (LV 7.1) of the Allan-Statistics.llb.
The top level VI is "Allan_Plots.VI" - it calculates, displays and safes the Allan variance/deviation plots of time-domain data series.
The algorithm is according to Th. Witt, IEEE Trans. Instr. Meas. 50, 445 (2001).
[Definition of Allan variance: Allan variance is one half of the mean-square of the differences of successive averages of the input array Elements of the input array are time-averaged data.]

Hope it is useful for you!

H. Scherer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(3,746 Views)
Hallo Hansjoerg,

can you save a llb with block diagrams enabled?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(3,743 Views)
Sorry, here is the "Allan-Statistics_V2_LV711.llb" again, now with diagrams enabled.
The top level VI is "Allan_Plots.VI" - it calculates, displays and safes the Allan variance/deviation plots of time-domain data series.
The algorithm is according to Th. Witt, IEEE Trans. Instr. Meas. 50, 445 (2001).
Definition of Allan variance: Allan variance is one half of the mean-square of the differences of successive averages of the input array Elements of the input array are time-averaged data.

Hansjörg
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(3,719 Views)
Sorry, after having uploaded a LV llb as attachment to this forum, I have some remarks and hope that some moderator might read this:

First, I find it awkward to use a forum for exchange of code, as it seems to be usuable now. Earlier, there used to be a web library for all sorts of LV code (not only the instruments driver library, as you find it now at the right hand side of the Developer Zone web page). At the beginning of this thread the (former) path to that Development Library was given:
NI Home > NI Developer Zone > Development Library > Measurement and Automation Software > LabVIEW > Development System > Fundamentals > Graphs and Charts
or (URL):

Am I right that this Development Library really are no more accessible via links??
(Direct access is still possible if you know the path, for example for the Allan Viariance llb via "http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/502")

Second, regarding the "ease of use" of this forum, I found that when you want to post message and use the preview option, unfortunately any attachment is lost...
Maybe somebody can care about that.

Regards,
Hansjörg
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(3,712 Views)
Hi Hansjörg,

there now is a "Code Sharing" part of the developer zone - maybe you can upload your llb there too...
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(3,716 Views)
Hi GerdW,

thanks for answring - it seems that at NI Developer Zone > Communities I have only the choice to upload under the categories
"Example", "Tutorial", or "Textbook..."
None of these seems to fit in my case, so where to upload my llb to?

Hansjörg
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(3,712 Views)

Hi folks,

is there any possibility to create Allan llb to run under LV8.6.1?

I am working with atomic clocks stability measurements and would like to check how it is done with computations.

for any help thanks a lot.

greg

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(3,188 Views)

Hi greg,

did you try that llb? The name suggests it's created with LV7.1 - so you could easily mass-compile it for your LV8.6 Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(3,166 Views)

Hello GerdW,

i haven't tried yet.

I managed to run that llb, but i don't know yet how to include it in my project.

Do i need to extract somehow vi's from that llb or link it to my project?

thanks for help

greg

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(3,148 Views)