cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView changing front panel element size despite DPI scaling override

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I could find a thread about this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem. I have a feeling this is also a Windows problem instead of a LabView problem...

I have designed an application to fit into a standard 1920x1080 display. All of the elements are a fixed size, and are not supposed to scale. Window scaling is actually disabled for that matter. Running this program with Windows set to 100% scaling works perfectly fine, and all the elements look correct.

The problem occurs when I change the scaling size in Windows, even with the "High DPI Scaling Override" set to "Application", some of the front panel elements are scaled larger when Windows is set to 125% or 150% scaling. I don't understand why these specific elements are being scaled and others are not. From what I can see, they all have the same properties.

Any help would be really appreciated! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(805 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SaaifK

Hello SaaifK, 

I have faced this issue in the past. And the solution for my issue is that, the font type is different for few controls and it caused the issue.

Suggestion: Check if font type of all the controls are same. If it is different, then try to use the same font.

If this is not working, then please share a dummy VI with these front panel controls. 

Best Regards,

Mano

Message 2 of 4
(770 Views)

Hello Mano,

Apologies for the late reply, but this is exactly the solution I was looking for! I was just using the default font values, but changing all of the fonts to something else manually solved the scaling issue.

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(686 Views)

Hello SaaifK,

Glad to hear this. Please mark this comment as solution.

Regards,

Mano

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(667 Views)