LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 for WinXP

I am trying to evaluate a product that requires LabView Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1.  I couldn't find a Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 for WinXP on the NI website.  Does one exist?
Message 1 of 6
(4,278 Views)
To my knowledge, 5.1 was never offically suppported  2000/XP.  I have installed the 5.1 Windows 98 runtime on an XP machine and sucessfully ran my compiled vi's.

Just try installing a 98 RT, it just might work.

Message Edited by ajckson on 05-27-2008 01:42 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,272 Views)

No. WinXP came out long after 5.1 and NI never tested the two. You can install it and see what happens is about the only advice I can give.

I don't see any 5.0 run-time available. That may have been the last version of exe that had an embedded run-time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,269 Views)
I did try to install the Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 on an XP machine, but it just hangs up during installation.  I guess I will try to find a Win98 machine.  Thanks for all replies.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,265 Views)
Is this the RT that you installed (looks like it did support 2000 🙂 )?

Dennis, yes, LV 5.1 does have the option to compile a standalone app with the embedded RT.

I actually still have a NT machine running LV5.1 (I need it for legacy stuff sometimes), I have a copy of the original 5.1 run-time (not 5.1.1) installer, its about 2.5 MB.  I don't think I can attach it to a post here, but if you want to try it, I'll email it to you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,256 Views)