From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 for WinXP

I am trying to evaluate a product that requires LabView Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1.  I couldn't find a Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 for WinXP on the NI website.  Does one exist?
Message 1 of 6
(4,296 Views)
To my knowledge, 5.1 was never offically suppported  2000/XP.  I have installed the 5.1 Windows 98 runtime on an XP machine and sucessfully ran my compiled vi's.

Just try installing a 98 RT, it just might work.

Message Edited by ajckson on 05-27-2008 01:42 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,290 Views)

No. WinXP came out long after 5.1 and NI never tested the two. You can install it and see what happens is about the only advice I can give.

I don't see any 5.0 run-time available. That may have been the last version of exe that had an embedded run-time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,287 Views)
I did try to install the Runtime Engine 5.0/5.1 on an XP machine, but it just hangs up during installation.  I guess I will try to find a Win98 machine.  Thanks for all replies.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,283 Views)
Is this the RT that you installed (looks like it did support 2000 🙂 )?

Dennis, yes, LV 5.1 does have the option to compile a standalone app with the embedded RT.

I actually still have a NT machine running LV5.1 (I need it for legacy stuff sometimes), I have a copy of the original 5.1 run-time (not 5.1.1) installer, its about 2.5 MB.  I don't think I can attach it to a post here, but if you want to try it, I'll email it to you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,274 Views)