cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Run-Time Engine 2009 installation failure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have problem to install Labview Run-Time Engine 2009.

This error occur:

Die Installation von NI VC2008MSMs x86 ist auf Grund des folgenden Fehlers fehlgeschlagen.

Auf den Windows-Installationsdienst konnte nicht zugegriffen werden.

Die kann vorkommen, wenn Sie Windows im abgesicherten Modus ausführen oder der

Windows-Installer nicht korrekt installiert ist. Wenden Sie sich an den Support, um Hilfe zu erhalten.

(The installation of NI is VC2008MSMs x86 failed due to the following error.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. That can occur when you run

Windows in Safe mode or Windows Installer is not installed correctly.

Contact your support personnel for assistance.)

I've tried to reinstall and reregistrate windows installer, I've even tried to upgrade windows installer to version 4.5

I've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86.

Im runing Windows XP Service Pack 3

(Microsoft Windows Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636_ Service Pack 3))

I have no problem installing other programs, I can for example install labview runtime engine 7.1.1.

So my question is:

How to solve this problem, how can I make an installation of Labview Run-Time Engine 2009 on this computer that gives me the error described at the begining?

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,701 Views)

Hi Simon,

I can see from the Microsoft help and support that you have followed the suggested solutions for this problem regarding Windows Installer.

Have you tried re-creating the Application and Installer again? 

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,680 Views)

Yes I have even downloaded the Labview 2009 run-time engine 32-bit from NI and installed it separatly.

But also this installer gives me the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,660 Views)

Hi Simon,

I have found this previous forum issue that seems to match the problem you are having http://forums.ni.com/t5/FOUNDATION-Fieldbus/NI-FBUS-Software-4-0-installations-Error/m-p/1314581

It may be the same case that if you carry on the install with no further errors, it works, as the problem occurs when trying to remove an already installed component. This would explain why it only fails in this instance.

Please let me know how you get on.

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,647 Views)

Hi,

I have already looked at that forum issue.

So I have already tried to delete all keys in regedit.

The problem is, if I continue with my installation, about 10 other new issues will appear.

And my installation will not complete, it will fail.

The installer does not install, it will tell me that the installation failed, and it will only install a few things.

Not all the things that I need to run my program.

See attached pictures ibn zip file to see some errors I receive, I only picked a few of them out.

So when I then tries to start my program I will recive the error in picture program error. (Run-time engine error)

So it's not only that the installer tells me that the installation doesn't go through, it doesn't.

Best regards Simon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,637 Views)

Hi Simon,

I am trying to rule out the different possibilities, so could you possibly try the suggestion under the More Information in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 please?

As the problem occured on the second download you attempted, it does sound like a Windows Installer issue.

Let me know how you get on and we can go from there!

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,605 Views)

What do you mean with:

"As the problem occured on the second download you attempted, it does sound like a Windows Installer issue."

The second download I attempted?

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,579 Views)

Hi Simon,

Unless I have misunderstood, the first attempt was through the installer with your application, and the second was off the NI website - both of which failed.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,572 Views)

No that is correct, then I understand.

I'm have tried to download Labview RunTime engine 2010 and installed it, that worked.

So now I will try to lift my program to 2010 and then build and try to install my application, if that doesn't work I will try the windowsinstaller solution again!

Best regards Simon

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sigu

I have now solved my problem.

The solution was to lift and build my code in Labview 2010.

But the install issue still contains for installing LabView Run-Time Engine 2009.

I don't think that it's Windows Installer related, because I can install whatever on my computer besides LabView Run-Time Engine 2009.

I can even install LabView Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 and LabView Run-Time Engine 2010.

So my solution was to skip using LabView 2009 and install and you LabView 2010.

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,555 Views)