From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEWCLi -OperationName RunUnitTests Exit Code = 0

Is it possible for the LabVIEW CLI to exit with 0 (zero) when executing Unit Test even though one ore more of the units test fails. It is a challenge when executing a multi stage pipeline that is running on a repository. 

LabVIEWCLi -OperationName RunUnitTests ....

As I see it the LabVIEW CLi should only exit with a code different from zero if there is a Run Time error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Hi,

I found some information in KB that will be of use.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019TwfSAE&l=en-GB

At the bottom of this page:

"Make sure that you are following the formatting in the Predefined Command Line Operations guide for the RunVI. A few things to remember:

• The "Command line arguments for the VI" is a string array
  • The "CLI for LabVIEW exit code that the VI returns" will return either a 0, 2 or 3 depending on the circumstances. You will choose which value to output.
  • The "Output or error information to include in the CLI for LabVIEW console or log file" is a string"

Kind regards, 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Hi Michael

In this case I am not in control of the return code because I am using a predefined command RunUnitTestsSmiley Wink

The Exit code from CLI should only be different from zero if there is a run time error, as I see it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,300 Views)

Hi kjeld,

You can create the custom operation as mentioned here: 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvhowto/cli_creating_operations/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,287 Views)

Hi

Yes I know that the possibility is there to make a custom operation; which also can be the next step, but we would like to use as much tooling out of the box so we doesn't have maintain it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,268 Views)