Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEWCLI error 85 calling VIAnalyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

James_W_0-1606496396819.png

Trying to setup CLI running of VI Analyzer as defined here:

Predefined Command Line Operations - LabVIEW 2018 Help - National Instruments (ni.com)

But With a presaved .viancfg from VIAnalyzer, I get Error 85 at Scan from string on ParseArgumentsCore.vi

The docs suggest using a .viacfg which is not the same as a .viancfg, but no where can i find information on the difference between these 2 file structures or how to create one from the other.

Anyone got any ideas (or got VI Anaylzer running from CMD line for intgeration  with CI systems?)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_W

Use "HTML" instead of "html" for the report type, I think that will fix it.

I will file a Bug against the documentation to fix references to "viacfg", that's a typo. The only valid VI Analyzer configuration file types are ".cfg" (files created prior to LabVIEW 2018), and ".viancfg" (files created in LabVIEW 2018 and later).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(929 Views)

Thanks Darren,

It seems the example needs updating (HTML) is lower case in the example.

Now getting Error code 14217 which is not defined here yet:

VI Analyzer Error Codes (VI Analyzer Toolkit) - LabVIEW 2018 VI Analyzer Toolkit Help - National Ins...

please help oh great guru Mr Nattinger!!!

Cheers

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(915 Views)

Oh bother😖

I see from other posts that have popped up recently now, that error 14217 is related to using a project based .viancfg.

I've inherrited this project and I'm trying to improve it and get some CI and so automated testing setup, but I need it to be project based, as I can't restructure the common code for now in the project that is used on other projects.

Any ideas as to how to move forwards please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_W

I've updated the bug report to also include the "html" vs. "HTML" typo.

As for project-based configurations, there is no built-in way to do a programmatic analysis, as you know...that's what the error code is communicating. The only workaround is to use a file-based configuration, which perhaps you could create programmatically based on the current contents of the project-based configuration?

This feature request has already been submitted to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, you can vote for the idea here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(904 Views)