From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEWCLI error 85 calling VIAnalyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

James_W_0-1606496396819.png

Trying to setup CLI running of VI Analyzer as defined here:

Predefined Command Line Operations - LabVIEW 2018 Help - National Instruments (ni.com)

But With a presaved .viancfg from VIAnalyzer, I get Error 85 at Scan from string on ParseArgumentsCore.vi

The docs suggest using a .viacfg which is not the same as a .viancfg, but no where can i find information on the difference between these 2 file structures or how to create one from the other.

Anyone got any ideas (or got VI Anaylzer running from CMD line for intgeration  with CI systems?)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_W

Use "HTML" instead of "html" for the report type, I think that will fix it.

I will file a Bug against the documentation to fix references to "viacfg", that's a typo. The only valid VI Analyzer configuration file types are ".cfg" (files created prior to LabVIEW 2018), and ".viancfg" (files created in LabVIEW 2018 and later).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(950 Views)

Thanks Darren,

It seems the example needs updating (HTML) is lower case in the example.

Now getting Error code 14217 which is not defined here yet:

VI Analyzer Error Codes (VI Analyzer Toolkit) - LabVIEW 2018 VI Analyzer Toolkit Help - National Ins...

please help oh great guru Mr Nattinger!!!

Cheers

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(936 Views)

Oh bother😖

I see from other posts that have popped up recently now, that error 14217 is related to using a project based .viancfg.

I've inherrited this project and I'm trying to improve it and get some CI and so automated testing setup, but I need it to be project based, as I can't restructure the common code for now in the project that is used on other projects.

Any ideas as to how to move forwards please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(930 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_W

I've updated the bug report to also include the "html" vs. "HTML" typo.

As for project-based configurations, there is no built-in way to do a programmatic analysis, as you know...that's what the error code is communicating. The only workaround is to use a file-based configuration, which perhaps you could create programmatically based on the current contents of the project-based configuration?

This feature request has already been submitted to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, you can vote for the idea here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(925 Views)