From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW won't close

Is anyone else having the following problems?  Any solutions?

LabVIEW 2013: Click Exit by any method (right click taskbar then click close, push the "x" button, file-->exit) and LabVIEW 2013 "starting" window remains open and does nothing

LabVIEW 2012: Close Exit by any method and the result is a brand new subVI

I have been resolved to close LabVIEW by ending the process.  Surely I am not the only one to deal with this.  I looked through forums, but only found close reference and close subVIs and what not.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,584 Views)

Ctrl+Q

There is a known issue with the Getting Started Window that has another work around that should be resolved with available updates.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,572 Views)

What about the LabVIEW 2012 opening a new SubVI issue.  Is this known?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,561 Views)

check your Private Messages

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,548 Views)

I realize this thread is a year old, but Labview 2012 is still doing this for me.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.

If I CTRL-Q the start page, it opens a new sub-vi. When I exit the sub-vi, it opens the start page. The X button in the upper right does nothing at all to the start page.

I was finally able to get it to fully quit by pressing CTRL-Q multiple times until the windows went away. Is there a fix planned for this, or is there a better way to exit that doesn't involve quitting multiple times or killing the task from the task manager.

--

Ro ma wa ichi ni chi ni shi te na ra zu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,288 Views)

I recommend messaging Jeff P Bohrer (above) about this issue.  He'll fix you right up. Muahahaha

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,262 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

I recommend messaging Jeff P Bohrer (above) about this issue.  He'll fix you right up. Muahahaha

He was already copied Shhhhhh....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,245 Views)

I'm having this issue with LabVIEW 2011 .. why are you hiding the solution?! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,994 Views)

We have the same problem with Labview 2012 64bit.

If the opening screen is closed Labview starts a new VI if this VI is closed the opening screen is displayed and you keep running around in circles.

Could someone please post a usable solution for this as i get the impression this problem occurs with several Labview users.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,942 Views)