LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW won't close

Is anyone else having the following problems?  Any solutions?

LabVIEW 2013: Click Exit by any method (right click taskbar then click close, push the "x" button, file-->exit) and LabVIEW 2013 "starting" window remains open and does nothing

LabVIEW 2012: Close Exit by any method and the result is a brand new subVI

I have been resolved to close LabVIEW by ending the process.  Surely I am not the only one to deal with this.  I looked through forums, but only found close reference and close subVIs and what not.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,592 Views)

Ctrl+Q

There is a known issue with the Getting Started Window that has another work around that should be resolved with available updates.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,580 Views)

What about the LabVIEW 2012 opening a new SubVI issue.  Is this known?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,569 Views)

check your Private Messages

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,556 Views)

I realize this thread is a year old, but Labview 2012 is still doing this for me.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.

If I CTRL-Q the start page, it opens a new sub-vi. When I exit the sub-vi, it opens the start page. The X button in the upper right does nothing at all to the start page.

I was finally able to get it to fully quit by pressing CTRL-Q multiple times until the windows went away. Is there a fix planned for this, or is there a better way to exit that doesn't involve quitting multiple times or killing the task from the task manager.

--

Ro ma wa ichi ni chi ni shi te na ra zu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,296 Views)

I recommend messaging Jeff P Bohrer (above) about this issue.  He'll fix you right up. Muahahaha

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,270 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

I recommend messaging Jeff P Bohrer (above) about this issue.  He'll fix you right up. Muahahaha

He was already copied Shhhhhh....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,253 Views)

I'm having this issue with LabVIEW 2011 .. why are you hiding the solution?! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,002 Views)

We have the same problem with Labview 2012 64bit.

If the opening screen is closed Labview starts a new VI if this VI is closed the opening screen is displayed and you keep running around in circles.

Could someone please post a usable solution for this as i get the impression this problem occurs with several Labview users.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,950 Views)