From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW .net container not accepting transparent background of the control

Hello,

I am trying to build a control using Visual Studio C#. I have created a Windows Form Control Library (.NET Framework) and simply dropped a button. Here I have set the background color as transparent and created a dll. 

1.PNG

Now if I use this dll into another c# forms application project the background is transparent as I need.

2.PNG

And, If I use this same dll in LabVIEW by using .net container I am not getting a transparent background. Instead, it is showing some default grey color.

3.PNG

Even I am setting the background color to transparent by setting its properties It is accepting all other colors except transparent.

4.PNG

5.PNG

Please suggest if I am still missing something to update. I am attaching the visual studio code and labview vi.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,468 Views)

Perhaps you need to activate first the transparency of the the front panel.

See https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-make-Front-panel-transparent-but-not-controls-and/td-p/15208...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,288 Views)

Did you try painting the .NET container background transparent, from LabVIEW?

Sans titre.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,275 Views)

If I remember correctly, you'll never have a transparent .NET container because it actually a separate window that sits in front of all LV windows.  My technical explanation may be incomplete, but I think that's basically correct...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,265 Views)