LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW .net container not accepting transparent background of the control

Hello,

I am trying to build a control using Visual Studio C#. I have created a Windows Form Control Library (.NET Framework) and simply dropped a button. Here I have set the background color as transparent and created a dll. 

1.PNG

Now if I use this dll into another c# forms application project the background is transparent as I need.

2.PNG

And, If I use this same dll in LabVIEW by using .net container I am not getting a transparent background. Instead, it is showing some default grey color.

3.PNG

Even I am setting the background color to transparent by setting its properties It is accepting all other colors except transparent.

4.PNG

5.PNG

Please suggest if I am still missing something to update. I am attaching the visual studio code and labview vi.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,471 Views)

Perhaps you need to activate first the transparency of the the front panel.

See https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-make-Front-panel-transparent-but-not-controls-and/td-p/15208...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,291 Views)

Did you try painting the .NET container background transparent, from LabVIEW?

Sans titre.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,278 Views)

If I remember correctly, you'll never have a transparent .NET container because it actually a separate window that sits in front of all LV windows.  My technical explanation may be incomplete, but I think that's basically correct...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,268 Views)