From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW installer with Inno setup

Hello,

I want to install third party executables before installing my LabVIEW application and this has to be done from just one setup.exe file.

I want to do this via "INNO setup" but I am not able to load the LabVIEW installer properly. 

I would be grateful anyone familiar with this INNO setup and LabVIEW installer could help me.

Otherwise, has anyone an idea about installing third party installers before LabVIEW installer?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,220 Views)

You might consider using the normal LabVIEW installer, and have the LabVIEW installer call the INNO installer to install the third party applications. You can do this as a pre- or post action.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,182 Views)

Inno Setup is a great solution and fills the gaps where NI products might fall short.  Having the NI installer run another installer works fine for simple things but I find it lacking in features and support usually resulting in a hacky feeling solution.  Another option for installing multiple NI products might be the NI Batch Installer Builder.  But again this is only for making other NI installers calling other NI installers.

Attached is one such Inno setup config I use to install some CAN tools.

There's a few things to note here.  I have a few components that can be selected or deselected.  The only component required is the NI installer.  The other installers are for 3rd party driver support and get called in their own special way.  Then when running the installer we call the NI installer setup.exe with /qb /AcceptLicenses yes /r parameters.

Inno setup shows a progress bar as it performs work but it doesn't really know the progress of installers within an installer.  Which is why I have custom code I found online, that updates a progress bar as installers complete.  This is optional, but not having this will mean that after all the installers are extracted, your progress will be at 99% and then each of the installers are ran, and only goes to 100% once they are all done.  

Message 3 of 3
(3,171 Views)