From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LabVIEW] how to force graph control size to increase in upward direction.

Hello All,

I am trying to create a concept where Graph Height increase for particular situation is TRUE.

When I use Property Node, it increase size in downward direction. Is there any possibility to increase height of Graph in upward direction?

PS: I am not allow to change position of Graph.

Example SS.PNG

Tejaskumar Patel | (CLD)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Change the position so that "Top" is decreased by the same amount that you increased "height"

Edit - you mentioned "you are not allowed to change the position", I have read this to mean you the bottom of the graph must stay in the same place. In LV, the position property refers to the top left corner of an object, and the size works out the other corners from this top left corner. So you must edit the "position" property, even though the graph will just appear to expand upwards.

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,621 Views)

@IanSh wrote:

Change the position so that "Top" is decreased by the same amount that you increased "height"

Edit - you mentioned "you are not allowed to change the position", I have read this to mean you the bottom of the graph must stay in the same place. In LV, the position property refers to the top left corner of an object, and the size works out the other corners from this top left corner. So you must edit the "position" property, even though the graph will just appear to expand upwards.

I think it's much more difficult. The bounds (size) of a graph cannot be set with properties. You can set the plot area bounds, but not the control size. You can change the plot area bounds until the control size is correct (this is a matter of calculation, but still a hassle).

I'd strongly advice you try to make a front panel with splitters and\or subpanels. Then set the controls to fit to pane, and change the pane sizes instead. Or put the graphs in a sub VI and set them to fit to pane, put the sub VI's in a sub panel. Changing the size of the subpanel (set to fit to pane or changed with property nodes) will automatically change the size of the graphs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,601 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with splitter function if its works for me 

Tejaskumar Patel | (CLD)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,575 Views)

When I trying to set this parameters they are not set in correct manner. 

Tejaskumar Patel | (CLD)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)