From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a basic questions about enum and Waveform Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, 
I almoust finished my measurment program.
But I have some problems with basic things.

1. When I start the program I want that every enum control in my GUI is set to "/" and not "wait" or "8" as its now. I tried to reorder my typedef but it didnt help. How should I do it?

2. On my Waveform Chart on the x-Axis is the absolute time, but i would like to have a relative time that starts from 00:00 when I start the program, and ends when the program comes to the end. I tried to do it, but somehow it didnt work.. I couldnt correct the starting point to 00:00.. do you have any ideas how to do it?

Thanks in Advance,
Vlado!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,672 Views)

Hi vlado,

1. set (and save) a default value for each control

2. format your x axis for "relative time"…

Btw. you should also type-define your big cluster!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,663 Views)

@vladosaurus wrote:

1. When I start the program I want that every enum control in my GUI is set to "/" and not "wait" or "8" as its now. I tried to reorder my typedef but it didnt help. How should I do it?

By the "Enum Control", do you mean the one associated with the Status Indicator?  You initialize it, at present, to "Waiting for the Start Button" -- simply change it to another Enum, then (while the Control is still selected) click Edit (Menu bar), then Make Selected Values Default.  You can also set all of the Controls to the Default values you want, have nothing selected, and choose Make Current Values Default.

2. On my Waveform Chart on the x-Axis is the absolute time, but i would like to have a relative time that starts from 00:00 when I start the program, and ends when the program comes to the end. I tried to do it, but somehow it didnt work.. I couldnt correct the starting point to 00:00.. do you have any ideas how to do it?
Right-click the Chart, choose Properties, Display Format, and set the X Axis to Relative Time (instead of Absolute Time).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,658 Views)

Hi, and thanks for answering!!
Well the following happens, when I start the program after I set it to relative time... (see the values under the chart)

Unbenannt.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,650 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vladosaurus

Put another time function at the beginning of the program and subtract that value from where your time function is now before you bundle it into the waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,645 Views)

Finally did it!!

Thanks guys! Have a beautiful day! Have a beautiful life!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,640 Views)