LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Single Board Computer

Planning to develop a compact portable Data acquisition system.The idea is to use a Single Board Computer and PC 104 cards.The PC 104 vendor confirmed that LabVIEW drivers are available for Windows XP OS.Thats fine.Now I would like to know if I can use the LabVIEW that I have used on PC on the Single Board Computer as well.Please suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,396 Views)

What was wrong with the answers you got here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-for-PC-104/m-p/1449074#M554500

??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,367 Views)

Nothing with the answers I got there.In fact they were very useful.

Thats a good point let me make it clear.The focus on that post was primarily on the interfacing of the PC104 cards for LabVIEW.

This post was made to make a note of the process,if any of using LabVIEW on a Single Board Computer - This was mentioned in the former post but isnt detailed.

So,Now,I would like to know the available options for using LabVIEW on a SBC.

- Can I load the Developer Suite onto it?

- Should I develop application on a PC and use an executable on SBC?

- What is the practise and what are the issues likely to be faced during the process of application porting/development?

I guess there are people around here who worked/working on similar projects.So,it would great if details of what and how they have done can be shared.

Hope this explains.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,322 Views)

Hi,

I am working on a project using PC to control/communicate with Single Board Computer.

First, I could ping each other with both connected to a route.

Second, failed telnet section. What I try to do is build a command line interface. Eventually, could use for others.

Do you recommend to install labview to the SBC? The SBC I used is VPX based.

Any tips or examples?

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,215 Views)

This post was made to make a note of the process,if any of using LabVIEW on a Single Board Computer - This was mentioned in the former post but isnt detailed. So,Now,I would like to know the available options for using LabVIEW on a SBC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,607 Views)

What do you mean by "LabVIEW for SBC"?  Are you talking about software development (where you actually run LabVIEW, create VIs, and run them in Development Mode) or about running an application that you developed (on a PC) in LabVIEW?

It is certainly possible to do the latter (NI, for example, has a number of Single Board RIO systems that can run "headless" applications developed in LabVIEW).  My guess is that NI would be the best source for such SBC, as a considerable amount of effort needs to go into creating a Run Time Environment that complements the LabVIEW Development environment, and they would be the ones best suited to do this.  Have you contacted NI?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,591 Views)

Guys, you are replying to a 5 years old post. There are lots of "zombee" posts recently:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Notice-Old-Topics-Showing-First-in-Boards/td-p/3545586

edit: the OP was active last time in 2013...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,590 Views)

Oops, sorry.  I forgot about the mixup with the Community revisions ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,581 Views)

@ealltech wrote:

This post was made to make a note of the process,if any of using LabVIEW on a Single Board Computer (potential spam link removed)- This was mentioned in the former post but isnt detailed. So,Now,I would like to know the available options for using LabVIEW on a SBC.

I am assuming that this is a serious question and not just some ploy to showcase a website for advertising purposes.

Yes, it is an old thread with obsolete information, but got revived by a link to some single board computers. You can interact with any singleboard computer using LabVIEW, if it can run a service that understand certain commands, e.g. via ethernet or such. This might be of limited usefulness.

Yes, there are e.g. sbRIO single-board computer from NI. They run NI linux and run LabVIEW RT, but are sold only in bulk. The eval kit is one way to get a single one. While it comes with an extended (90 day) evaluation license, ultimately you need LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA to continue, which can be expensive. There is also MyRIO.

Recently, it also became possible to deploy LabVIEW executables that run natively on a selection of single board computers, such as rasperry PI and beaglebone Black. (noncommercial use only).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,565 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Unfortunately, if you look at ealltech's total posts (at least until the mods pull many of them down), many seem to have some 'casual' mention to this Shenzhen... SBC company either from Alex or someone else seamingly affiliated with the company, and best case are only loosely related to the orignal post.   Sorry this poster has successfully wasted our collective time.

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,527 Views)