LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW executable Runtime Error on different laptop

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running LabVIEW 2017 on my Windows 10 Home (64 bit) laptop and have compiled an application (which uses DAQmx) into an executable, which installs and runs on my computer with no problems.

I have also sent the installer across to two different colleagues laptops, one which had LabVIEW installed and one which did not, and both installed an ran as expected.

However, when trying to install the app on a fourth laptop, one which will be delivered to the customer, I cannot install the app.

When trying to run setup, I immediately get the following error (header: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library):

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Inst...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any idea what's gone wrong here? The DAQmx runtime is bundled in my application, and the target laptop is running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

This question came up very recently.  I think it has to do with the language setup of your computer?  I forget.  I have to admit that I am too lazy to Google it ATM.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lcmstill

Okay, I got unlazy:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019YOnSAM&l=en-US

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 4
(2,494 Views)

Great, thanks for that! I had my region as English [Denmark] and once I changed it to English [UK] all is well.

Not the most helpful error message!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,487 Views)