LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW community edition won't activate

Solved!
Go to solution

After trying everything from the other similar thread, nothing has worked.

I installed a trial version of labVIEW professional before I found out about the CE edition, so at one point I had both. I thought the pro edition was interfering, so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled CE again (everything from the same, brand new, account). I'm on Windows 10.

This is what I see:

RookiePresent_0-1610315180352.png

I can right-click LVCE and click activate, and that menu just says there was no activation code with my account:

RookiePresent_2-1610315337738.png

I tried doing an activation code submission form, but I don't have a serial number because I have no network license. I think I still have conflicting versions, or something, on my system, but that doesn't explain why I can't get this one program to activate, and I've spent a lot of time going back and forth and being confused. What can I try next?

And My Products shows nothing:

RookiePresent_3-1610315478761.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 38
(3,772 Views)

I found that it's a pain sometimes to activate LabVIEW Community Edition (CE).  You might have to ask NI for help with that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 38
(3,733 Views)

Yes, I just tried activating 2020 SP1 CE and it failed in the same way.  I have a feeling this new "easy" way of activating CE based on account is going to be a lot harder than it should be...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38
(3,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RookiePresent

I ran in exactly the same issue.

Following is what worked for me (after download and install of LabView 2020 SP1):

- started the download of LabView CE 2020 (not SP1!)

(noticed adblock blocked something)

- allowed add's in adblock

Hereafter I noticed that LabView CE was added to the 'My Product' page.

Now it was possible to activate via NI license manager.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 38
(3,707 Views)

@pidanzl1 wrote:

I ran in exactly the same issue.

Following is what worked for me (after download and install of LabView 2020 SP1):

- started the download of LabView CE 2020 (not SP1!)

(noticed adblock blocked something)

- allowed add's in adblock

Hereafter I noticed that LabView CE was added to the 'My Product' page.

Now it was possible to activate via NI license manager.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, it's already added to my account because I had LV 2020 CE installed already.  So actually I have a valid license; I just can't apply it!  Ugh.

If I remember correctly, CE used to have a serial number, now it does not.  Maybe the licensing is caught in a hybrid situation where part of the licensing is still expecting a serial number.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 38
(3,701 Views)

I tried to contact customer support, but it doesn't even let you submit the form unless you provide a serial number, which CE doesn't have. I tried a couple of other options to contact them directly and ask for help, but they don't make it easy, and I ran into similar road blocks each time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 38
(3,682 Views)

Success! It was as simple as uninstalling, and reinstalling with adblock disabled for the NI website. Thank you so much, that was a lot of effort for a free program.

Message 7 of 38
(3,671 Views)

I'm actually surprised that someone from NI hasn't wandered by and answered here by now.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38
(3,668 Views)

Great that it worked out!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 38
(3,662 Views)

Frankly, I'm getting very disgusted with NI.  They've gone downhill since the new management.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 10 of 38
(3,608 Views)