From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and "USB to 1-wire" (DS2490)

OOps..  Sorry..  I should have mentionned that I am using the LinkUSB interface which emulates a DS2480B USB inteface from Dallas Semiconductor.  I am not sure how different it is from the DS9490R.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 54
(3,276 Views)

With the DS2490 you need the DLL, ibfs32.dll.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 54
(3,268 Views)

Oh yes... The DS2490 is a USB to 1-wire bridge chip..

Can you not setup the Mode Command (hex) with the appropriate number of bytes for the state registers and send it over serial?

I'm just curious..

Message 23 of 54
(3,259 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Oh yes... The DS2490 is a USB to 1-wire bridge chip..

Can you not setup the Mode Command (hex) with the appropriate number of bytes for the state registers and send it over serial?

I'm just curious..

You would have to know the commands.  I've never seen this info on Maxim's website.  Maybe it is there somewhere.  The white papers say to use the DLL.  It is free, convenient, and proven to work.  So why not use it.  I guess if you like a challange......Smiley Wink

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 54
(3,234 Views)
I happen to be working with the DS2431 and coding everything to talk to a USB-to-Serial interface using VISA. It makes life really simple. :)
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 54
(3,227 Views)

Ray:  Sounds like you are having fun.  I'll stick to the DLL since all my code is already written.

- tbob

Message 26 of 54
(3,222 Views)

you know me... I always have fun..

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 54
(3,191 Views)

You’re right.

If you are interested, in attachment, you will find my code that open an USB1WireReader (DS9490) device,write x bytes (by 8bytes= one scratchpad), then read the new values  and verify the data. The  first 1wire-DS2431 found on the 1wirebus is selected.

Now, I’m looking to implement a CRC control in place of write and read to be safer.

I'm still coding my application...

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 54
(3,168 Views)

-deleted-

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 54
(3,155 Views)

Hi Marc,

I am trying to run Main_WRV_cycle .vi from the zip file. But I think some SubVI's are missing like WriteScratch.vi, and many SubVI's from ReadScratch.vi. Can you please post it if you have them?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 54
(2,482 Views)