cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Time problems

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am simulating a sine wave signal and am recording when it is within a certain range. The data is being recorded into a table in labVIEW. I have set the Build table to include the time data, but it is recording the time as new years in 1904. How do I correct this?

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,062 Views)

Hi Patrick,

@PatrickClancy wrote:

I am simulating a sine wave signal … but it is recording the time as new years in 1904.

How do I correct this?

My glassball says: You need to set a correct t0 in your waveform!

What about attaching your VI when you have problems with your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,055 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Patrick,

@PatrickClancy wrote:

I am simulating a sine wave signal … but it is recording the time as new years in 1904.

How do I correct this?

My glassball says: You need to set a correct t0 in your waveform!

What about attaching your VI when you have problems with your VI?

If you need money, just say so.  You didn't have to trade in your expensive crystal ball for a cheap glass one!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 8
(1,050 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Is it possible to remove the date part altogether and just leave the time. I am still learning how to use labVIEW so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,022 Views)

@PatrickClancy wrote:

Hi GerdW,

Is it possible to remove the date part altogether and just leave the time. I am still learning how to use labVIEW so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

What is the reasoning behind separating the time from the date?  The same times happen daily so that information is essentially useless without date information.  Perhaps it is "relative time" - i.e., "the time since time0"?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,018 Views)

Hi Billko,

I wish to have the table not to include the date as it makes it look very messy and harder to read. I can still work with the data if it remains, however I would like to learn how to remove it incase it causes problems for future projects.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PatrickClancy

@PatrickClancy wrote:

not to include the date ...

I would like to learn ..

If you don't want to include the date part, use formatting functions to display only the time portion.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 7 of 8
(1,003 Views)

@Frozen wrote:

@PatrickClancy wrote:

not to include the date ...

I would like to learn ..

If you don't want to include the date part, use formatting functions to display only the time portion.

Not only does that work all day but, since the date portion is there but not displayed, it works all night too!  It's awful when you come in in the morning and find 10 hours of data before the first reading you actually took.  (I sleep late)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(984 Views)