cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 during the build. LV 8.6

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've read quite a few threads about errot 6 and 7 during the building process however they not answer my case.

I'm building the code distribution with no excluding the instr.lib user.lib and vi.lib files. At the end of the build process I'm receiving the error:

========================================================================================

Error copying files.Source: C:\PRJ\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\resource\visarc

Destination: C:\PRJ\Builds\PRJ_Source_Distribution\C\PRJ\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\resource\visarc

source does not exist

Details:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a

reference:

Error 7 occurred at AB_Destination.lvclass:Copy_File.vi -> AB_Source.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

=========================

NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

=======================================================================================

It didn't surpise me because I don't have the source folder C:\PRJ\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\resource\visarc. It did surprise me bacause the builder expects the source to be there. Could someone can explain me why it happens?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MimiKLM

Hi MimiKLM,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

As you have copied below, error 7 will be thrown when LabVIEW cannot gain access to the specified source file.  There are a couple of possible issues;

Operating System

• If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, try running as an administrator.
  • Similarly ensure the file path is no longer than the 260 byte maximum.

NI-VISA Property Nodes

• Are you using any of these?  KnowledgeBase article 4VO88IPJ highlights an issue associated with creating a source distribution similar to this, and gives a possible solution.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,327 Views)

Yes, that was it http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/833BFD5E9CA0224886257584004DAA4C

Mass compiling with modifying the LabVIEW.ini file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,289 Views)

Also happened to me in LV2019.

Strange behavior, hard to reproduce. Turned out to be a corrupt project file. This probably happened during some crash or such, been working for 1 year on this very large project. Revision count ~2000...

Starting a new -blank project- copy file structure into this project file, then reconstruct the builder from scratch solved the issue.

---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,224 Views)

Merging .lvproj files (and their ilk, e.g., .lvlib, etc) with versioning software can cause corruption if they are not marked as "binary".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,216 Views)

Thanks for your info Bill,

In my case no version control or such is used. However LV sometimes crashes, hangs & requires hard termination or moving folders/lvlibs can cause some corruption in the project file. This happened in my case.

Nearly everything was still working fine, but when building with [VersionNumber] in the path, some strange things started to happen...

(as today was the first time I included this function in the .exe builder this project started to act strange where others were fine... took me some time to find out the root cause.. fixed now)

---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,212 Views)