LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Roadmap (2022)

Starting a new thread with the attached PDF for LabVIEW Roadmap discussions. I'll point other threads over here for reference. NI created this view so that we could specifically share with all LabVIEW users. We agree that showing this in some way is a useful communication tool.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 1 of 105
(17,013 Views)

Thanks Eric. There's definitely some stuff I'm excited about on there. The dependency management improvements will be very welcome... I'm trying to fix a giant library right now that's pointing to a bunch of incorrect, interwoven dependency paths and it's a big pain. (And since I'm the one who created it, I can't even blame someone else! 😉)

So does "Upcoming 1-2 Releases" mean "LabVIEW 2022 or 2023"? Or does the timeline start further out?

Message 2 of 105
(16,989 Views)

Does the "better support for large monitors" mean you've been able to implement the BD zoom feature from NXG?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 105
(16,948 Views)

Thank you Eric for publishing this.

Is there a specific reason why there is no LabVIEW 2022 beta program?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 105
(16,890 Views)

According to this post the LabVIEW 2022 beta has been paused, due to LabVIEW moving to two major releases per year.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 105
(16,828 Views)

@Dataflow_G wrote:

According to this post the LabVIEW 2022 beta has been paused, due to LabVIEW moving to two major releases per year.

It's agile run amuck.  I seriously can't see packing enough content into a six-month release to warrant a major release.  I have to say I've become jaded enough to believe that this is just another marketing ploy to make you think this is worth holding your software hostage for.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 6 of 105
(16,784 Views)

@Dataflow_G wrote:

Two major releases per year? Someone definitely drank too much kool aid!

It sounds to me like an attempt to promote minor bug fixes as a full new release.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 105
(16,781 Views)

Thank you Eric for publishing this. A+ Luc

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 105
(16,756 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@Dataflow_G wrote:

Two major releases per year? Someone definitely drank too much kool aid!

It sounds to me like an attempt to promote minor bug fixes as a full new release.

And here I was thinking that they should cut it back to one release a year because they are having trouble making a case for service packs these days.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 105
(16,699 Views)

@billko wrote:

Does the "better support for large monitors" mean you've been able to implement the BD zoom feature from NXG?

The roadmap says "Improve LabVIEW IDE experience on high resolution monitors". I suspect this is simply enabling DPI-awareness (so that text don't appear physically tiny, for example).

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 105
(16,692 Views)