From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Real-Time version conflict

I have LabVIEW 8.0 and LabVIEW Real-Time 8.0 running on my Windows XP computer.  It was working fine with a CompactRIO RTC model 9002 which has LabVIEW Real-Time 8.0 installed on it (as reported by MAX).  I purchased a new RTC model 9012 which came preloaded with LabVIEW Real-Time 8.2.1 (again as reported by MAX).  This created a version conflict while trying to download a VI.  I tried to use the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard to change the version of the 9012 to 8.0 also to match the host.  However, the wizard shows the "Available version(s) on the host:" as only "None"; no other choices in the drop down menu.  (I used Windows search to see the number of *.cdf files in c:\Program Files\National Instruments\RT Images directory and subfolders; there are no where near 256 entries - I saw that issue in one of the postings.)  Where do I find LabVIEW Real-Time 8.0 to download to the RTC?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,826 Views)
Hello Cherian,

The procedure to install the LabVIEW RT 8.0 on the cRIO 9012 is expalined in the following link:
Why Is LabVIEW RT 8.20 on My cRIO Controller but Not on My Host?

Best regards,
Nick_CH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,773 Views)

Hello Cherian,

The cRIO-9012 datasheet suggests that the cRIO-9012 requries at least LabVIEW 8.2, LabVIEW Real-Time 8.2, LabVIEW FPGA 8.2, and NI-RIO 2.1. As you already have 8.2.1 installed on the target, the best way to go is to upgrade everything on your host to 8.2.1.

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,125 Views)