LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i change x-axis scale for all graphs in single VI

I have the VI that takes four channels and I am posting it here. I just want to know how to adjust the scale of X and Y axis globally for all the graphs and also if I increase the time scale, the graph is not to the full scale. Can I know why this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,080 Views)
What exactly are you wanting to do? You are acquiring 100 samples at a rate of 1500 samples/sec. The rate is one sample every .000667 seconds (1/1500) and each one of your graphs is showing exactly .0667 seconds worth of data. Each time you do an acquisition, the data on the graph is rewritten. If you want to show old data, you should use a chart and not a graph.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,070 Views)
thanks for the info...i want to change the X and Y axis scales globally for all graphs instead of changing it for each one. And also, I want to read the data into a binary file. How do I do this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,065 Views)

To change the x and y axis of each graph programatically, you need to create property node for each graph. You don't mention what you want to change on each axis (autoscaling, range, min, max). When you create the property node you will get a list of what is available. Pick the property. There is a large number of things that you can change. You still haven't provided any sort of details.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,059 Views)
?okay what I want to say is there should be only one property node for all graphs that can change any properties like x-axis scale, y-axis scale and everything. how should i do it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,054 Views)
If you want to only use a single property node for each graph, then you need to pass an array of references to a subVI. Something like the attached main and subVI
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,051 Views)
I am using the Labview 7.1 version. can u send examples that can open in that version as the one u sent was not opening in mine. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,036 Views)
I can't save them as 7.1 but here are the images of the block diagrams.
Download All
Message 8 of 16
(3,029 Views)
I am unable to understand the VI's u posted. I mean which components are which. Can u pls explain it to me?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,019 Views)
In the main, there are references passed to a build array function. You create a reference by right clicking on a control and selecting 'Create Reference'. You can right click on the output of the build array and select Create Indicator. You can then go to the front panel, select the new indicator, cut it, and paste it into your subVI. In the subVI, the reference array is wired into a for loop. Where the wire enters the for loop, right click and select Create Property> and then browse to the property you want to be able to change.
Message 10 of 16
(3,015 Views)