LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Path Dirctory

HI LV  Experts,

My Project.

I am working in a Project where LabVIEW Modules are Called in NI TestStand in Run Time Environment.

All Complied information are stored in "C\Users\Document\LabVIEWData" by Default. when different users are Logged in the same Machine i need to compile LabVIEW Code Modules in all the User Accounts/Logins.

To Overcome this issue i have changed the "Default Data Directory" and Mapped the LabVIEW Data File.

But still i need to repeat the same in all logins (Mapping Default Data Directory)

Is there any way i can configure in single user Login and use the same in all the available Login in a machine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,239 Views)

Compile your code modules into Packed Project Libraries (PPLs).  Then your TestStand sequences can call any public VIs inside of those PPLs using the Runtime Engine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,191 Views)

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

All Complied information are stored in "C\Users\Document\LabVIEWData" by Default.

To allow "all users" to access my Builds (and other "compiled" data), I save compiled information in "C:\Users\Public Documents\<xxx>" (and specifying this path in the Build Specs), with Shortcuts to the Exe's save in C:\Users\Public Desktop (which is, in Windows 10, a Hidden Folder).  You can make the folders "Read and Execute" for non-admin Users if this is a concern ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,179 Views)

I guess you can make a symbolic link (mklink) in the teststand executable's search folder, pointing to the LabVIEW lib. That should work for all users.

A ppl is probably a more decent way to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,899 Views)