LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to interact with USB Presenter ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

is it possible within LabView to read actions from a USB device (i.e. "button 1 pressed" etc.), in my case a presenter device (connected with a BT dongle on my USB port) ?

What I want to achieve is this: have some kind of remote to send (at least 2 different) signals to LabView.

Why do I want this? I have a Windows PC with cDAQ-9185 chassis and I collect data outdoors. Sometimes I need to start my signal recording and go away from the computer (for safety reasons). Now I need to send a "Start of something interesting" and "stop of something interesting" indicator to my LabView (and have that recorded along with my sensor data) because this would really, REALLY help me when I analyze my data the next day.

Thanks for any advice

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,347 Views)

The presenters I know just act like an additional keyboard (with less keys 😉 )

quickfind and enter keyb ..oard

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 4
(2,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mw42

You can also get keyboard events with an Event Structure. 

Take a look at the available events and then add indicators to the outputs on the left side of the structure to determine what is pressed with each key of interest on the USB device.

Once you know that, you can use a case structure or similar to trigger code based on the events matching some criteria.

GCentral
Message 3 of 4
(2,284 Views)

It worked, thanks a bunch.

My Logitech Presenter has 4 buttons, the main ones being "PageUp" and "PageDown".

Attached my sample

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,999 Views)