LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Not Installing

@billko wrote:

But it wasn't really your fault because you were grappling with the new way that LV installed itself... I'd say you were pretty much a guinea pig on that one.

Very kind of you.  Maybe I'll buy you the glass of wine and "burst your bubble" ...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,822 Views)

I am having similar problems on one particular laptop. After many installs and uninstalls I have come to the conclusion that my version of NIPM is at fault. My next step is to follow Bob's advice. 

On other machines the installation has been seamless.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,565 Views)

Hi,

I got similar problems during installation. the following error massage :

"There was a problem executing your request.

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-labview-2020-database-toolkit (20.0.0.49155-0+f3)

Please check your internet connection and try again." proceeded by a "Try again" button.

does anyone can help me

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,430 Views)

Huhuhuhu i have been installing labView for 10 hours but still it always has an error i am so frustrated huhu 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,349 Views)

LabVIEW Installation has always been tricky (though Versions from 2012 through 2016 were relatively straight-forward and "safe" to install).  Since NIPM was introduced in LabVIEW 2017, it has gotten much "trickier" and also much more "variable" (some Versions installing with little difficulty, others requiring a lot of effort and patience).  For example, about two weeks ago, I upgraded a LabVIEW 2020 installation to LabVIEW 2020 SP1 -- it took me more than 4 hours, and numerous "An unexpected Error has occurred" -- I came very close to doing a complete NI Software removal + reinstallation (which is sometimes the least frustrating option, provided you know how to safely remove NI Software!).  [The reason for the underlining is that if you "aggressively" uninstall, or use any form of "registry-cleaning", you run a very big risk of never being able to installl NI Software without reinstalling Windows -- I know this because this happened to me.  Twice.  LabVIEW 2017.  Took another year before I tried, again, to install this Version, and finally "did it right".]

See if you can't find a LabVIEW Expert in your (geographical) area who can provide assistance.  If you are in school, find a helpful Faculty member or Graduate Student.  If in Industry, "Ask the Expert".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,347 Views)

One thing I discovered is that installations under win10 seem more likely to succeed than win7. So, if you are running win7 you might want to consider upgrading to win10. 

In the past I had failures relating to the PXI platform. Consequently, as I don't use PXI, I try to remove as many components linked to this from the install list.

The whole installation process is now unsatisfactory, especially when it doesn't work. I much prefer the old days when you had to use a disk or a USB drive. Also, I am a vision software developer and make much use of vision assistant. Now I am unable to create VIs automatically from vision assistant because I don't have other LabView software components (that I never use) installed. This never happened previously. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,339 Views)

Uggh I am having similar issue. trying to upgrade LabVIEW 2020 32-bit to SP1. Keep getting attached message about connection error but internet is fine.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,324 Views)