LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Interface Type

When I connect a strict VI reference to a property node, I see "VI Interface Type #" on the node. Why? What does it mean? How many numbers are possible?

Example:

screen.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,749 Views)

It just appears because it's a strictly typed VI reference so the connector pane of the VI must match the VI. The interface type just refers to the arrangement (e.g. inputs/outputs) of the connector pane - different connector panes will have different interface types. I think the number of types depends on the number of different types of VI connector panes (on your block diagram? or strictly typed VI references?). A non-strict VI reference could have any connector pane arrangement.

I think you can change it from either the start asynchronous call or the strictly typed VI reference - it'll allow you to select different interface types.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 6
(4,738 Views)

Hey random question.  Where did you get that ring type def constant that is wired to the open VI reference?  That seems like a neat thing to have, and have be built as a constant to the options input.

Message 3 of 6
(4,681 Views)

The enum data represents the VI options for this method, x80 is one option we use

mpatientX_0-1613700905189.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,458 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Hey random question.  Where did you get that ring type def constant that is wired to the open VI reference?  That seems like a neat thing to have, and have be built as a constant to the options input.

I’ve shared an XNode for that.  I think it’s called something like “Named Numeric Constant”.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,453 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

I’ve shared an XNode for that.  I think it’s called something like “Named Numeric Constant”.

Or maybe it was something like “Numeric Constant with Named Bits”.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,447 Views)