From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW - Looking for some Figures

Solved!
Go to solution

@labview-crash wrote:

So you've developed your product and now you're wandering if there is a business case?

I thought it worked the other way around.

It might not work either way 😕.

Seriously, it's hard to make money from a LabVIEW product.

@labview-crash wrote:

Now as a joke, if you believe in AI, ask your questions to ChatGPT 😉

😁

It (he? she? they? is there a term for an AI yet?) won't have recent info though.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,065 Views)

@Taggart wrote:

Ask Emerson.

Yes, they didn't get those numbers either...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,061 Views)

Actually, at the beginning, we started to develop HAIBAL for an internal need. There was no suitable tool in the LabVIEW environment that met our needs, and logically, we assumed that we were not the only ones in this case.

When we started talking a bit about HAIBAL, some scientists expressed their interest in the product. We put the library on sale in early 2023, and we have already sold licenses (not 100 of course but we are just starting). We are over-motivated, we release a new version of our beauty almost every week, and for now, we are sticking to our ambitious roadmap.

I sincerely believe that there is room for such a tool. AI is increasingly present in all sectors of activity, and yet, there is not yet a hyper-complete tool that allows LabVIEW users to "practice" AI simply and efficiently. According to Accenture, 80 to 85% of projects integrating AI remain stuck at the PoC stage. One of the reasons? The complexity of AI development environments. HAIBAL solves this problem.

Of course, this is just my opinion (that official figures from NI would help me to consolidate :p).

PS: I agree that it may well not work, but as I always tell my young Princesses: "Only those who create nothing never fail." So let's try!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,041 Views)

@AloisLIEN wrote:

Actually, at the beginning, we started to develop HAIBAL for an internal need. There was no suitable tool in the LabVIEW environment that met our needs, and logically, we assumed that we were not the only ones in this case.

When we started talking a bit about HAIBAL, some scientists expressed their interest in the product. We put the library on sale in early 2023, and we have already sold licenses (not 100 of course but we are just starting). We are over-motivated, we release a new version of our beauty almost every week, and for now, we are sticking to our ambitious roadmap.

I sincerely believe that there is room for such a tool. AI is increasingly present in all sectors of activity, and yet, there is not yet a hyper-complete tool that allows LabVIEW users to "practice" AI simply and efficiently. According to Accenture, 80 to 85% of projects integrating AI remain stuck at the PoC stage. One of the reasons? The complexity of AI development environments. HAIBAL solves this problem.

Of course, this is just my opinion (that official figures from NI would help me to consolidate :p).

PS: I agree that it may well not work, but as I always tell my young Princesses: "Only those who create nothing never fail." So let's try!

What fraction of the AI users use LabVIEW as their choice of language?

How does HAIBAL compete against mainstream tools negating the easy-to-get-started part?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 14 of 22
(1,007 Views)

One thing you can get from NI, even from their website, is the list of system integrators who do vision.

These companies are potential clients for your product, as you are based in France, I suppose you have already identified them, right?

https://www.ni.com/fr-fr/search.html?pg=5&ps=10&sb=%2Brelevancy&sn=catnav:ptr&q=vision

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 15 of 22
(999 Views)

@santo_13  a écrit :
What fraction of the AI users use LabVIEW as their choice of language?

How does HAIBAL compete against mainstream tools negating the easy-to-get-started part?

What fraction? For now, I can only suppose this fraction is tiny, since there is no efficient AI tool on LabVIEW.

How to compete? The banal answer would be "we make the best product", but that wouldn't be enough to fight against giants like Google and Meta. Concretely, we will try to unblock all the companies/labs who are stuck in their AI projects because of the complexity and/or their difficulty of recruiting suitable staff (on this type of customers, we already have some very interesting leads, and I hope to be able to announce great partnerships in the coming months). We will then prove to them, factually, that HAIBAL is out of the ordinary. We are clearly not going in a sprint but on a marathon, hence my search for investors.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(977 Views)

@TiTou  a écrit :

One thing you can get from NI, even from their website, is the list of system integrators who do vision.

These companies are potential clients for your product, as you are based in France, I suppose you have already identified them, right?

https://www.ni.com/fr-fr/search.html?pg=5&ps=10&sb=%2Brelevancy&sn=catnav:ptr&q=vision

You're right, and yes, I already identified these companies. So far, I just haven't had time to contact them. I will do it asap.
Thank you for the idea anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(975 Views)

@AloisLIEN wrote:

You're competing with (for instance) OpenCV.  OpenCV has at least some AI tooling. OpenCV can, and is, called from Python from LabVIEW...

It's hard to compete with free and established tools, even if your tool is better...

As a spin-off of an internal project, I'd go for a quick time to release, because there's 0 proof of the ROI you'll get, if any. If the product isn't release ready, be honest about it and sell it (for less, or even give it away (as trial)) to early adapters. Go from there...

Keep maintenance, service and sale costs in mind. These are expensive.

We found that selling our tools is more expensive than giving them away (and get some exposure from it).  Or at least, we haven't found a product that contradicts this yet.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(960 Views)

I very much agree, you'll probably get more business out of it if you release it for free/trial - even open-source -, and be confident that you can sell engineering to those who don't have enough expertise in-house to make it work in a real-world application.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(947 Views)

You might talk to Jim Kring. He might be willing to give you some numbers around VIPM package downloads. It's a proxy but might be useful.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 20 of 22
(873 Views)