LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW - Looking for some Figures

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

 

At Graiphic, we are developing a great AI library for LabVIEW: HAIBAL.

 

I'm not writing this message to advertise our great product (if you want to follow the adventure, follow us on LinkedIn ;)), but because I'm looking for some numbers about LabVIEW to improve my business plan:

- How many LabVIEW licenses are sold each year?
- How many Vision Acquisition licenses are sold each year?
- How many LabVIEW users are there in the world?
- How has this number of LabVIEWers evolved in recent years?
- What proportion of NI revenue represents LabVIEW?

 

For obvious reasons, I need these numbers to build a solid business model and then find investors to fund this amazing project. Honestly, it's frustrating to be stuck due to lack of information. I hope someone here can help me! I don't need ultra-precise figures, but at least orders of magnitude.

 

The entire Graiphic team who codes with love HAIBAL and myself thank you in advance for your help!

Aloïs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,514 Views)

@AloisLIEN wrote:

I don't need ultra-precise figures, but at least orders of magnitude.


You want us to guess? Some guesses might be 'educated'.

 

I fear that is the best you'll get.

 

And I do feel your pain.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,506 Views)

The answer to all your questions is "at least one".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,478 Views)
@AloisLIEN wrote:

- What proportion of NI revenue represents LabVIEW?



@AeroSoul wrote:

The answer to all your questions is "at least one".


I don't think the proportion of NI's revenue representing LabVIEW  is 1 (or >1)...

 

But I do agree with the clear message: NI won't tell, we don't know.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,469 Views)

I didn't specify the unit, it could be "at least 1$" 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,449 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

I didn't specify the unit, it could be "at least 1$" 😄


I don't think $ is a unit for proportion, but it's not really important anyway 😎.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,431 Views)

@AloisLIEN wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

At Graiphic, we are developing a great AI library for LabVIEW: HAIBAL.

 

I'm not writing this message to advertise our great product (if you want to follow the adventure, follow us on LinkedIn ;)), but because I'm looking for some numbers about LabVIEW to improve my business plan:

- How many LabVIEW licenses are sold each year?
- How many Vision Acquisition licenses are sold each year?
- How many LabVIEW users are there in the world?
- How has this number of LabVIEWers evolved in recent years?
- What proportion of NI revenue represents LabVIEW?

 

For obvious reasons, I need these numbers to build a solid business model and then find investors to fund this amazing project. Honestly, it's frustrating to be stuck due to lack of information. I hope someone here can help me! I don't need ultra-precise figures, but at least orders of magnitude.

 

The entire Graiphic team who codes with love HAIBAL and myself thank you in advance for your help!

Aloïs


NI may share these statistics if you were an Alliance partner and NI deems your business (and theirs) benefits from this information. In the general public, unfortunately no information available, just speculation. 

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 7 of 22
(2,407 Views)

So you've developed your product and now you're wandering if there is a business case?

I thought it worked the other way around.

 

Others have said it, NI doesn't communicate publicly about that, call up you local sales and... oh wait... there isn't any local sales rep anymore.

 

You could look up in the alliance partner companies which ones do vision and contact them to get some info, but before you waste your time doing that let me tell you that no company has ever built a money making business case by selling LabVIEW add-ons.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't be done.

 

I followed from far the communication on LinkedIn about HAIBAL, somehow I've missed all the posts in which real world applications are described.
I have no idea how good your product is, but can you describe who would benefit from using it?


Now vision... First VAS (vision acquisition software) is not sold, it comes for free when you buy NI Hardware, so how many license sold : 0. (the oldtimers will tell you that VAS was sold, but it became free a long long time ago around 2000).

VDM (vision development module), how many sold... again, ask NI.

Anyway vision has only ever been a hobby for NI, a tiny part of their business, competing with Cognex is not easy. In terms of hardware NI has abandoned the frame grabber updates (no replacement for the PCIe-14xx) and no CoaxPress.

Now as a joke, if you believe in AI, ask your questions to ChatGPT 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,381 Views)

Thank you all for your replies.

 

Of course there are business cases but investors like to know the total addressable market (which makes sense), hence my question (that I've asked to NI before but haven't been able to get any answers).

 

Since this community forum is made up of NI product enthusiasts, I figured I might find here someone who knows.

 

I understand that I will not find the figures sought here. Thank you anyway for your time! Have all a nice day.

 

PS: As for questioning ChatGPT, I thought about it but when I tried, it was overloaded ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,368 Views)

Ask Emerson.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 10 of 22
(2,358 Views)