LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Graphical Angle Indicator?

I would like to make a display which shows the action of a trim tab, elevator, and horizontal stabilizer of an airplane. I believe I can get the math to work so far as forces generated relative to airspeed and leverage due to placement of the trim tab, but I want to be able to graphically demonstrate the angles. Theoretically, I would like to be able to effectively animate an empennage fed values on a slider which indicate airspeed and trim tab position. Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,589 Views)

Hi MakeIt,

something along these lines? See the acknowledgements to the end…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,579 Views)

Holy cow, uh, I was thinking more of something that looks like this, where the angle values would articulate the joints at the yellow dots respective to the long axis of the appendage it is indexed from. Way simpler, only 2D. It would be easy enough to create indicators that show the total force at each point, but basically I want to animate this with a while loop so that as sliders are moved they will articulate accordingly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,562 Views)

Hi MakeIt,

basically I want to animate this

- What about using the 2D picture indicator to draw your parts and joints? There are lots of drawing functions for 2D pictures…

- What about using a XY graph to "draw" images using plots? (It might be somewhat more complicated to fill the contours…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,538 Views)