LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Arctangent

Hi,

I have a 7952R and a 5781 adapter module. The main goal is to compute the arctangent unambiguously, as fast as possible.

I would like to try:

1. Implementing a LUT.
  2. Using Xilinx's Cordic.

Requests:

1. Can somebody kindly step me through the process of implementing a LUT? I could not find any examples.
  2. How do I use Xilinx's IP? After getting compilation errors regarding enclosing the CORDIC in a SCTL, I went ahead and did this (attached image). Is this wrong? How do I check?

My name gives my skill level, but I would like to learn and improve.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,060 Views)

If you are able to attach your project we'll have a better idea of why you are getting a compilation error. I haven't used the CORDIC IP specifically but it might be easier to just use LabVIEW's high throughput arctan function which looks like it uses CORDIC under the hood. I've used the LabVIEW high throughput function and it's pretty straightforward.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599M-01/lvfpga/ht_inv_tangent_2_inp/

Also, what exactly is the goal here? Usually the problem is just getting an algorithm to run at a particular rate and not necessarily as fast a possible. Additionally, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two in this case but when you are looking for speed is this throughput or latency?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,013 Views)