LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Compiler Farm

Solved!
Go to solution

I am on a Window 7 SP1 Computer, running LabVIEW 2017 SP1,  LabVIEW 2017 Compiler Farm and the LabVIEW FPGA Compiler Worker 2017.  When I start the Worker I get the -123011 Error.  I have uninstalled all LabVIEW components and re-installed them twice.  I still get the error.  When I open the web-based LabVIEW FPGA Compile Farm Console, it connects.  The allow "External Connection" button is check.  I see no jobs connected in the consoled.

Having uninstalled and re-installing the components twice, what could be the problem?  My company will not allow us to work in the cloud, so that is not an option.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,184 Views)

What does LabVIEW say? Does it give an error?

Sounds like your company has strict internet policies. A firewall could be blocking LabVIEW, or data over some ports in general.

EDIT: No idea what you tried so far (besides installing it twice). Did you go through user setup, as described here and here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,157 Views)

Carya,

I have tried the user setup.  I get  "The server is currently unable to handle the request. "

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,151 Views)

@Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart wrote:

Carya,

I have tried the user setup.  I get  "The server is currently unable to handle the request. "

That is useful information, for someone experienced with compiler farms. If you have more messages, please share. It will speed up the search.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,147 Views)

Carya,

The Get Started manual say to remote connect using http://<computername>:3580.  If I use

http://<computername>:3582 I can get to the Server Farm Console from my laptop.  I still can't connect the worker to the Server Farm on the computer I am using a the Server Farm host.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,143 Views)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. Do you know if this box is check marked on the compile serve you are trying to connect to?

FPGA Forum Post Oversight.png

Also Paul, if you are with Lockheed, you can call him and we can create an SR on your issue.

Finally, I'm not sure if you seen this document, but it contains a lot of good information!

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54450/en/

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,110 Views)

Keddy,

I get the same error when I try to click the box.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,088 Views)

Paul,

Sorry that wasn't able to get your compiler to work. It did eliminate a common reason for your issue.

The other thing to consider is your firewalls on your computer. When connecting to your 3582 port, are you using<Compile Server IP>:3582 or using localhost? This port is required to be open for the compile server, and a firewall could be blocking it. 

Secondly, the compile worker and compile server logs would be helpful at this point. This way we can see when your error appears and what completes before it appears.

I'll say again, this might be the time to create an SR with as it might get a little bit more involved.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,065 Views)

We are trying to use Wireshark, but don't see any traffic for <localhost>:3582.  Where are the logs located?

I do have a SR created.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,027 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart

Paul,

Since you have an SR open, it'd be best to work with your Application Engineer on the issue from here on out. Once you find a solution, post it on here so that other can learn from it!

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,013 Views)