LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crashes on FPGA Deployment

Hello,

I am trying to configure a NI-9147 Ethernet RIO Expansion Chassis using a LabVIEW FPGA Interface. I have followed the steps of the "Setup Guide for Ethernet RIO Expansion Chassis" and still seem to be reaching a predicament whenever I 'Deploy" the FPGA Interface settings. I am using LabVIEW 2023 Q1 and attached to this post are pictures with all of my currently installed packages. I am able to create a new project and add a new "Target and device" that is the Ethernet RIO device, which is the NI-9147 in my case. After selecting 'LabVIEW FPGA Interface' for the programming mode it will begin deployment to the NI 9147. In "Deployment Progress" It will begin calculating dependencies and then crash, closing both the deployment progress window and the project window. 

This is an incredibly frustrating issue and I know there are a lot of different dependencies for hardware/software requirements. Any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,046 Views)

I see that this is a bit of a stale topic, but I am running into the same issue. Were you able to resolve it on your own?

William Griffin
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
NI Certified Professional Instructor
DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
http://ww2.distek.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(870 Views)

Hello,

Same issue here. Have 3 modules on a 9147: a 9208 (4-20 mA 16 channels), a 9213 (TC 16 channels) and a 9237 (AI 4 channels). When I try to deploy either the modules or the whole chassis, in real time or in FPGA, LabVIEW crashes. 

One thing's strange is that the 9213 works properly by using drag and drop on its shared variables (RT scan), but when I try to drag and drop the variables from the 9237 and 9208 I get a broken arrow with the error " Shared variable 'NI-9147-0213ca53\Mod1\AI0': not in project " even though the variable is clearly in project.

dehonm_1-1689647656838.png

dehonm_2-1689647686573.png

When I try to add the modules in FPGA, I also have this error:

dehonm_3-1689647759154.png

but I can't correct it because I can't deploy anything without a crash.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(836 Views)

We were only able to resolve it with the help from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(809 Views)

Hello,

Are you able to describe how did they do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(805 Views)

We had the same issue - Clicking Deploy or Deploy All (even with no modules attached to the chassis, and a new empty project) crashes LabVIEW.

EthernetRIO NI-9147, Windows 10 Pro, LabVIEW 2023 Q1 64-bit.

We submitted a support request to NI and were told that this is a known issue and that it should be fixed in the next release of LabVIEW, which is expected to be 2023 Q4.

In the meantime they suggested using LabVIEW 2022. Have not tried that yet, but we were able to get it working fine in LabVIEW 2020 32-bit.

Message 6 of 7
(789 Views)

FYI, the crash on deploy appears to be fixed in the NI CompactRIO 2023 Q4 driver, currently available for download on NIPM.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(362 Views)