From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Application Error: The instruction at address x referenced memory at address y. The memory could not be written.

When trying to open LabVIEW, I get the following message, "LabVIEW Application Error: The instruction at address x referenced memory at address y. The memory could not be written."  I've disabled the startup services, clean boot or diagnostics startup, but I still get the message.  Any ideas as to why and how I fix it?  It seems to work fine on other machines.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,041 Views)

The standrd next step is to

Start Control panels >>> add remove programs >>> NI ....

Select the repair option then stand by to feed the disks.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,037 Views)

I've repaired.  I've uninstalled.  I've removed every instance of "LabVIEW" from the registry.  I've reinstalled.  All many times.  The memory addresses change from instance to instance, but the error continues to happen every time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,034 Views)

If you are sure you are virus free then check the system Event Viewer and review the logs for a clue.

Take care,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,031 Views)