LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 front panel numeric indicator problem

A customer of mine has a LabVIEW 2017 Professional application running on a cDAQ-9132 system with Windows 7 Embedded operating system.  The application displays the results of a machine process in a group of numeric indicators on the front panel.  The same result values are stored in a .csv file for post processing at a later time.  The application will run for several months and display the result values as expected with no problems.  At some point, however, the numeric indicator results will start displaying nothing but zeros.  The .csv file will continue to update will valid result data.  The background color of the numeric indicators changes from white while the machine process is running to green for pass and red for fail.  The background color update continues to work correctly even though the values display zeros.  If the application is closed and restarted it will resume the correct operation.  My customer has asked me to try to find a solution to this problem.  I have searched the knowledge base and the community discussions, but I have not had any luck so far.  I would appreciate any suggestions about what might cause this kind of behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,984 Views)

Long operations that fail over months could be a really slow memory leak.  It's usually easy to check that by just looking at the RAM footprint of the program and seeing if it slowly grows.

Another thing that can fail over time is the usage of the tick count (ms) node.  Every 49.7 days it resets back to zero and can cause a problem... this problem would be resolved by restarting the application.

To get any closer to a solution we might need to see some code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,977 Views)

What is the normal range of values and what is the display format for the indicators. Where does the value come from and what kind of processing is applied before it connects to the indicator? Is the color determination and logging done right on the value going to the indicator or earlier elsewhere? What do the values represent?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,968 Views)