LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a VI after changing the card and PC

Hello
My setup was Windows 2000 + PCI6024E card.

My new setup will be  PCle6321 card +Windows10.

What change does it have to do on the VI?

This Vi has already been converted to LabVIEW 11

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,195 Views)

Hi platine,

there are two options:

1. Rewrite the VI from scratch using DAQmx functions (and also adding a proper programming scheme).

2. Try to use those TradDAQ (you need to install it seperately) or some other TradDAQ replacement libraries.

I would suggest the first way as that VI could gain a lot from proper programming schemes!

There's no need for (and sense in) code like this:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,184 Views)

@GerdW  ha scritto:There's no need for (and sense in) code like this:

check.png

Actually, local and terminal refer to different controls. Which, in a sense, make things even worse.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,179 Views)

The *best* thing to do is what GerdW already said: rewrite from scratch.   You *cannot* use the existing code as-is because the legacy NI-DAQ driver will not support your new PCIe-6321 (and for that matter, it may not be compatible with Win 10 either).

However, if you're quite new to LabVIEW and data acq programming and need a stop-gap, it *appears* to me that your posted code uses only the very simplest DAQ functions to perform single-sample I/O at discrete times.  No clocking or buffering going on.

Consequently, you may very well be able to "get away with" dropping in DAQ Assistants as substitutes for each of the discrete DAQ function calls in the code.

That won't be a *good* end result, but it may let you get back up and running while working on the rewrite.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,147 Views)