cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 FPGA Driver for Xilinx SPARTAN 3E Starter Board

Solved!
Go to solution

AProfessor, wedo

The installer for the 500K indeed will not work for the 1600K board.  I think a major issue is that there are many of these types of development boards to support, and essentially NI doesn't produce the hardware itself, so it's difficult to justify continually adding support for new boards as they come out.

AProfessor, you may wish to contact the NI sales representative you've worked with, especially if your purchase was with the understanding that the 1600K boards would be supported.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(2,595 Views)

I would like a driver for the nexys2 digilient board.  If NI does not want to support this I would love for someone to show me a resourse that would teach me how to write my own driver and I would attempt to accomplish this on my own.  I hate VHDL and Ccode but love Labview.  The only problem with this is that I don't have labview hardware money.  I really would love to use one tool labview to program micros or fpga.  I am willing to do the hard work up front to utilize the power of labview in a standalone application without $100,000 hardware/toolkits. Please be helpful and not post a simple soultion of $100,000.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(2,540 Views)

It is up to the manufacturer of a 3rd party device to provide its customers with a driver to enable communication with LabVIEW. We do have a database of 3rd party drivers that can be found here. Customers can add to this database as they find drivers for their device. We offer this as a resource for our customers. I looked for your device but did not find it in this database. It is my belief that if you attempt to develop your own driver, you still probably won't be able to avoid VHDL development.

From your post, it sounds as if you currently have LabVIEW and the FPGA module for development. If that is the case we do have PCI cards with FPGAs starting around $1500. I do understand however, that this is a bit more than the cost of your current card. With an NI card, you will be able to develop and compile your code to an FPGA target seamlessly.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(2,518 Views)

Kareem W is correct: the work required to get a new development board working with LabVIEW FPGA does indeed require some HDL coding.  In terms of current inexpensive FPGA products that are supported by LabVIEW FPGA, there is the NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board and the Xilinx Spartan 3E XUP (the XC3S500E version) board.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(2,510 Views)

Hi, I downloaded this driver. but when trying to install I got the message "I should install LabView 2011". So this driver is not for 2010?

Could anyone help me how can I found Spartan 3E starter Kit driver for LabView 2010 or 2012. Thanks

@BradM wrote:

wedo,

The installer for LabVIEW 2010 support for the Spartan 3E Starter board is now available from the Spartan 3E Starter kit support page

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(2,008 Views)

That page gets updated anytime that there is a new release, so you need to get the version here:

ftp://ftp.natinst.com/evaluation/academic/NISPARTAN3E31.exe

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(2,005 Views)

I'm trying to connect ftp server by FileZilla but here is the message from consule pannel "Error:Could not connect to server "  😞

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(1,990 Views)

Hmm, all I can tell you is to try again, sometimes the ftp server can be down, it worked for me when I tried it this morning from home

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(1,980 Views)

In Google Chrome, and presumably other modern web browsers, just clicking on the link Brad posted above will start the download immediately... if that still doesn't work, try making sure that you're logged in to your ni.com account. I haven't ever tried connecting to our external servers from Filezilla before, but I'd assume it should work...

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(1,976 Views)

Thanks a lot.  I got it. the correct path is ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/academic/

I have another question. If I will upgrade LabView from 2010 to 2012 the same driver will be work with 2012? Or I need new dirver for LabView 2012?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(1,972 Views)