cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 FPGA Driver for Xilinx SPARTAN 3E Starter Board

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friends,

Is there any possibility to release a LabVIEW 2010 FPGA Driver for Xilinx SPARTAN 3E Starter Board?

Regards,

wedo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(5,333 Views)

You should probably contact the local field engineer of your area. They will be in the best position to answer the question. To find the contact information, contact your local ni branch/office.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(5,306 Views)

wedo,

That is a great question! The driver can be found in the links in the following document, Where Can I Find the LabVIEW FPGA for Xilinx SPARTAN-3E XUP Driver? As far as the 2010 Driver goes, I'm not sure and will let you know what info I can find.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(5,294 Views)

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot! You are a great man.

I know this link. A already have the driver for Labview 8.6 and Labview 9 (2009). But I was wondering whether there is any plane to release a driver for Labview 10 (2010), or the last driver (2009) can work with Labview 10!?

Could you please check about?

Thanks in advance!

wedo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(5,284 Views)

wedo,

I am looking into the following questions and will let you know what I find.

1.) Will there be a 2010 Driver?

2.) Will the 2009 Driver work with 2010?

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(5,262 Views)

wedo,

It seems I have poor timing. Not 15 minutes after I posted my last post, I got an e-mail letting me know we will have a 2010 Driver, and it will be available for download in the coming weeks. I don't have an exact date, but I can ask you to just keep checking.

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 36
(5,256 Views)

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot!

I will keep checking...

Regards,

wedo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(5,236 Views)

wedo,

We've finished verifying the 2010 Spartan 3E eval board installer, the download should be available later today/early next week.  Also, just to be perfectly clear: the 2009 support will not work for LabVIEW 2010, you will need to use the new installer once there is a download link.

Ben, thanks for asking around: that made me aware of this thread Smiley Wink

Brad Mouring

Software Engineer

LabVIEW FPGA

Message 8 of 36
(5,183 Views)

Hi Brad,

So glad to get your post here!

I’m looking forward to download the new installer.

I wonder whether the new driver will support the 10/100 Ethernet Physical Layer Interface, since the last drivers aren’t support this feature!?

Also, will be any new examples included with the new driver? For instance: an example for the StartaFlash Memory; I have done an example for this but I couldn’t get it work! I don’t know why! You may check my post and the example in the following link!

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Spartan-3E-StrataFlash-Memory-wrong-reading/m-p/1030898

By the way, is there any plane to develop a driver for the Spartan-3E (1600Kgate) kit? Both kits (500KGate and 1600KGate) have the sample on-board peripherals, the only difference is in the number of Gates (FPGA chip). I think all that is needed is to add the component ID (29597843---->3E1600) and revise the xc3s1600e.bsd and 3sXXXe.nph.

Thanks in advance & kindest regards,

wedo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(5,174 Views)

wedo,

The Ethernet PHY is still not exposed since implementing a MAC then IP stack to provide an easy way to use the thing would be time-consuming.

The StrataFlash example still has issues, however we simply did not have time to sufficiently investigate the problem.  If you desire to use the StrataFlash, I suggest reading documentation from Intel on the part, then look at the Xilinx documentation to see the "gotchas" on interacting with the flash are (shared FPGA IO resources, basically), then use the example as a starting point (since it is mostly functional)

Currently, there are no specific plans to support additional Xilinx boards.  However, there have been recent changes internally to how we support these targets, reducing the effort needed to support new boards, so it's possible we may in the future.

Brad Mouring

Software Engineer

LabVIEW FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(5,165 Views)