From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVOOP. Problems creating accessor methods

Dear community,

I have a parent class in which I want to create a reading accessor method for the class data. This works fine for some class data (for example a string) and for others it does not (for example a 2D- String Array). In this case I get a broken wire and the error "Bibliothek die das VI entällt, hat dessen Ausführung blockiert". My best translation for the german error description is: "Library blocked vi execution".

The question is: why?

Please note: LVOOP newbee.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,019 Views)

Any chance you added the 2D array, then did not close, and then tried the action?

In that case, at least perform a "apply changes", or close and save the class...

It wouldn't have anything to do with the data (it shouldn't), but with the ordering of your actions.

EDIT: If the class (library) is really locked, you can click it in the project explorer, and select "why is library locked". Often the feedback isn't all that, but worth a try.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,993 Views)

Not at all.

If I have the accessor method as a public class method things are fine. When I move that same VI into the properties definition folder i get a broken arrow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,975 Views)

Try autogenerating the accessor. It's probably a connector pane issue.

Right click the class in the project explorer, New -> VI for Data Member Access, then make sure to check the box to let it use property nodes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,970 Views)

@labviewette wrote:

Not at all.

Just ruling out the obvious. You did mention your a newbee Smiley Wink.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,950 Views)

Sorry for the late reply.

It seems that the cause of my problem has been that I was inserting the VI for Data Member Access not in its right properties definition folder.

Lets say I create two data memeber access VIs:

Accessor for A

Accessor for B.

In my understanding it is not possible to move Accessor B into the properties definition folder called "A".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,924 Views)