LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2017 standalone application crashes with "Exception: Unknown (0x00000000) at EIP=0x5AB570FD."

I have a standalone application, built from a LabVIEW 2017 project (a LIN master with XNET and USB-8506 interface). when I try to access an external (for the app) file, i.e. to choose a network DB file (.ldf), the whole app crashes with: "Exception: Unknown (0x00000000) at EIP=0x5AB570FD."
The host machine's OS is Windows 8.1. All other functionalities work flawlessly.
What could have gone wrong?
I'll appreciate any help.

Take care!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,624 Views)

At the end of the crash log it says:

GoDoit: VI "LINMasterHeaterCooler.vi" (C:\Projects\730705_INT_HVHEATER\04_Releases\04_Software\DemonstratorControl_PC_Application\LabViewBuild\New folder\HVHClusterLINMasterLV17.exe\X-NET_LIN\ColibriLINMasterLV2017\LINMasterHVHSlaveCluster\LINMasterHeaterCooler.vi), HeapClass "FPHP", Act 14, 
*** End Dump ***

Can't tell if "LINMasterHeaterCooler.vi" is the main or a sub VI, but that might narrow it down.

HeapClass "FPHP" suggest an issue with a front panel object...

Hard to give further advice. I'd try to isolate the issue, e.g. delete things from existing code, or add things to a blank VI, and try to narrow down the problem.

If you start that dialog with a browse button of a path, I'd stat there. Replace it, delete it and put a new one there, etc..

All this could be completely irrelevant. Not much to go on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,594 Views)

Thanks for this!

Yes, actually the problem appears when I select an option (file/path or DB alias) from a front panel drop-down list element. What came to my mind was to get rid of the control element - file selection - and substitute it with a fixed position file and hard coded "Add alias". This is needed for the X-NET LIN interface configuration.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,580 Views)

@smithsonnn wrote:

Yes, actually the problem appears when I select an option (file/path or DB alias) from a front panel drop-down list element.

Not sure what a drop down list element is. Are you catching an event, and then popping up your own file dialog? Or is this some build in XNET menu item?

If it's a file dialog, I'd see if it's the control that triggers it, or the dialog itself. But this is just basic elimination\deduction. Trying to pinpoint the problem, then look for a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,573 Views)

It is a X-NET built-in menu item.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,570 Views)

@smithsonnn wrote:

It is a X-NET built-in menu item.

Ah. Not sure how I can help with that.

Any way to do the same from code? That would be a workaround. Unless that also crashes of course.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,564 Views)

Are you still experiencing the error? Have you tried the USB-8506 with another example?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,549 Views)
Hi, USB-8506 works fine. It is the XNET GUI menu item (DB file selection), that causes the crash. I could not fix this. For now I'm using the NI's "NI-XNET Database Editor" to add/edit the needed DB alias manually . Then the application works as expected. Regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,541 Views)