From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW application

HI, 

Actually I need your help please ,, 

I amtrying to build an application to read many folders which contain ASCII file ,,

so I don't know how to put many path and chooe from it the needed one . 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,134 Views)

Typically, you have an array of paths (from the UI, a config file, or a (recursive) search). Then do the file reading in a for loop.

If you want specific answers, you need to provide more details (post some code).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,128 Views)

hi ,

thank you for your reply , actually I am a debutante in labview ,, so take a look in my code and tell me the modification that can I do to do my application .

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,111 Views)

Seems you're heading towards a sub VI with that. That would in fact be good...

Note that the Open\Replace\Create File, Get File Size and Close File are all redundant! The Read from Text File will accept a path, and by default it will return all characters. When called with a path, the output reference is automatically closed. Not that it's bad to do the open\close 'manually', it's just extra work.

So the question is what do you want to do with a *single* file? From the functions you dropped on the diagram, I'd guess it's a spreadsheet string? We need more details, perhaps post such a file, and how you want it in LabVIEW.

Once you have a single file that does what you require, the next step is to use the sub VI in another VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,096 Views)

Spend some time (a day or two is not unreasonable) going through as much LabVIEW Tutorial material as you can, including trying to replicate the code yourself to see how it really works.  There is a bunch of tutorial material on the first page of this Forum (en Anglais, of course, but there is also probably material en Français, as well).  Are you taking a LabVIEW class?  Talk to your Instructor.  Are there other LabVIEW users around you?  See if one can become your LabVIEW Guru.

LabVIEW ships with lots of Examples, and the LabVIEW functions have Help descriptions -- when in doubt, Look It Up.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,068 Views)