LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight DAQ973 Errors using LabVIEW Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing a program to collect a single temperature measurement from a Keysight DAQ973 and thermocouple using the DAQ970a/973 LabVIEW drivers.

The program successfully takes a measurement, however the DAQ itself reports an "Error caused by remote control".

The Error Query block outputs different errors each run with no obvious pattern. The errors are:

• 308 - Channel not able to perform requested operation; Chan 101
  • -310 - System Error
  • -420 - Query UNTERMINATED
  • -410 - Query INTERRUPTED

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(928 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xyzaidan

@xyzaidan wrote:

I am writing a program to collect a single temperature measurement from a Keysight DAQ973 and thermocouple using the DAQ970a/973 LabVIEW drivers.

The program successfully takes a measurement, however the DAQ itself reports an "Error caused by remote control".

The Error Query block outputs different errors each run with no obvious pattern. The errors are:

• 308 - Channel not able to perform requested operation; Chan 101
  • -310 - System Error
  • -420 - Query UNTERMINATED
  • -410 - Query INTERRUPTED

Any suggestions?

Looks like an issues with the DAQ-97x drivers to me...

We are using the DAQ-970 in our new ATE systems to replace the 3497xA series. But I have avoided using the drivers because they are IVI drivers and require KtDAQ970 IVI Driver version 1.0.0.0 or greater and the Keysite I/O Suite to be installed. 

I am still using the HP/Agilent/Keysite 3497xA drivers as they use pure SCPI commands and the DAQ97x is fully backwards compatible. 

For anything that is not covered in the 3497xA drivers, like labeling the channels on the DAQ973 screen. I just use VISA Write to send the SCPI commands.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(921 Views)

Without looking or having the driver installed I'll wing it.

There was a silly convention to have a Default value for the IVI Initialize Options String input and then make it "Optional" or "Recommended" Rather than "Required."  Silly because unless you wire an empty string to the input it tries to simulate the device! 

My hair has mostly regrown after learning that!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(889 Views)