From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel function in SVM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am using SVM available in machine learning toolkit. In SVM, there is one input 'kernel function' in SVM learn. Another VI 'Default Kernel matrix' provides this kernel function. In this VI, there is one block 'open VI reference' which is accepting 'Distance VI' (a strictly typed VI Reference) as an input.

I want to create another Distance VI according to my desired data type. How can i create new distance VI or modify that only?

Please suggest the way...

Thanks & regards ! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,870 Views)

What the code is doing is loading the Distance VI dynamically. In order to create your own function you need to create one that has the exact same connections as the strictly typed VI reference you see. Next, there is another input to the open VI reference function that is the path to the VI to be opened. This value needs to point to your VI.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,833 Views)

Thank you for the prompt reply !

I couldn't understand what the distance VI is doing or what is their in its block diagram.........so that i could create another distance VI according to my data types. As this distance VI is having variant data type whereas i need 2-D array type. How can i see block diagram of distance VI to make the modifications in it?

Regards!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,813 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author akanksha91
Well the value wired to the VI path on the open reference function should tell you where their version of the VI is.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,792 Views)

Sorry....but i couldn't understand.

The path going to input 'vi path' is 'ml_Kernel_Guassian Kernel.vi'. I am not getting the function of distance VI or what does its block diagram contain so that i can create new refnum having different data types not the variant as in distance VI.  My 'ml_Kernel_Gaussian Kernel is attached'. Below is the image of 'Default Kernel Function.vi' showing the distance VI encircled in red. 

Please suggest from where i can edit the distance VI....or create a new one as refnum, having 2-D array data type instead of variant.

Inline image 3

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,770 Views)

Thankyou !!!

Issue solved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,743 Views)
If the path is just a VI name then the VI in question is already in memory.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,737 Views)

Yes sir.....it's done.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8