LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Picture Render Window in specific monitor

Hi All,

I am using the 3D picture tools to create two 3D pictures displayed in two external render windows using the SceneWindow properties (rather than embedded on the front panel).  I was wondering if there was a way to set the render window to maximise in a specific display/monitor.  My application uses 3 displays and I would like one 3D picture to be maximised in one display and the other 3D picture to be maximised in another.

I realise I can set the window bounds to be in a specific location but I cant seem to set which monitor for it to appear on.

I have also tried to turn the displays into subVIs and set the SubVI properties to be a particular size and monitor but the SubVI tend to strobe as the 3D picture rotates.

I have also considered making one large front panel but this wont be very robust for monitors with different resolutions etc...

Any help would be appreciated

Kind Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,831 Views)

Hello,

I am Ed from National Instruments Applications Engineering. I have been forwarded your query with regards to setting a front panel to a specific monitor while full screen also.

I believe this article linked below should provide the methodology you need to achieve your application needs:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6380EB4A533E06FF86257BE4005394CF?OpenDocument

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,784 Views)

Hi Ed,

Thank you for getting back to me and thank you for the link.

Yes I realise I can set a VI to appear in the front panel, I did try this but the movement in the image wasnt very smooth or at least not as smooth as in the SceneWindow. I thought there might be a property for the SceneWindow similar to that of the VI properties which would allow me to set the SceneWindow in a particular monitor however it isnt obvious to me?

I have attached my VI to show the two render windows. The 3D Display - Test VI v2.vi is the main program and the Simple 4 Planets generates the 3D scenes.

Kind Regards,

Joe 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,777 Views)