LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley DAQ6510 Error -1073807331

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! I would like some assistance in understanding and trouble shooting this error I receive when trying to run the LabVIEW examples for the Keithley DAQ 6510. 

Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in Keithley DMM6500 DAQ6500 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Keithley DMM6500 DAQ6500 Series Measuring DCV With High Accuracy DCV.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

LabVIEW Version: 2023

Connection Type: USB

Command Set: SCPI

The device is visible in NI-MAX and I confirmed it is communicating with VISA Test Panel. 

The issue appears to be related to the initialize.vi passing some value to the device which is incompatible (possibly it is the "timeout" value, but I am not sure). I have brought this up with Keithley support who have escalated it up the chain. 

Sample VI and I/O Trace attached for reference. 

Any input or reference material would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

JD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,343 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JDSuper

Did you close VISA Test Panel when you try to run the VI? 

and you can open the block diagram of initialize.vi to monitor when the error happened. if it happen at open resourse, then it is most likely to be occupied.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 085518.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,309 Views)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I can confirm that the error persists with Visa test panel closed. 

Please see the attached screen capture video. It appears the error is occurring when the serial interface is being configured. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,284 Views)

It seems you should set the constant F instead of T for the case structure. because you are connecting the device by USB instead of serial port. and why don't you keep it default to judge the connection automatically?

20230505170614.png

Message 4 of 6
(1,279 Views)

Yeah is right. Someone not quite knowing what they were really doing, seems to have tinkered with this driver. According to the error log you posted, you open an USB-TMC resource but the program then tries to configure the 0x3fff00b3 (VI_ATTR_ASRL_END_IN) attribute, wich is an ASRL (serial port) only attribute. To node reading the Interface Type is meant to be used to only execute the serial configuration when the session is an ASRL resource but currently seems to do exactly the opposite.

But you should not change the enum selection but rather change the case structure to have the serial port configuration in the correct case. Otherwise your driver will fail again when you try to connect over Ethernet or GPIB to this device.

The image as posted by yeah in his first post is how it should be done. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 6
(1,252 Views)

Thanks for this, I seem to be able to get a measurement from the device now.

I had tried setting the interface type to USB previously, but disabling the case structure seems to have worked.

There are other errors popping up, but that is for another day/thread!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,234 Views)