cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just being an idiot and need some help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

This is an easy one.  My company has 8.6 and about all the labview addons you could ever want.   

I am try to make a stand alone application that has an installer, and I forgot what addon I have to install to do this.    I know how to make the installer files, but I have like 20 different addons for Labview and I really don't want to install all of them to get what I want.  

Currently I have Labview+MS office pack + database package installed.

what package do I install?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,605 Views)
The answer really depends on what toolkits you are actually using in your code, as opposed to what you have installed. At a minimum the target computer will need the LabVIEW Runtime Engine. If you are using instrument control then you need that. This will likely be VISA, but may also require NI-GPIB if you're using GPIB. If you are using VIs from specific toolkits, then you need to look at the documentation for those toolkits as far as any special steps that you need to take to get a working application. For example, if you're using the Report Generation Toolkit, then you need to read over this page in the help file for that toolkit.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,595 Views)

My problems is that I do not have the selection of creating an installer file to load the app on a PC that does not have labview.   I know to add all the nessary libraries and stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,585 Views)
If you are used to the Labview 7.1 way of doing this. So will it not work. The application builder did get a real update from 7.1 to 8.x

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,583 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zinnium

I just got it and I am a real idiot!!!!

We have one liscence kit for students or something that we got for free from the rep.  I installed that and not the pro version.    Smiley Very Happy

I am cool now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,574 Views)